Please Note: These instructions show how to setup your email with Outlook 2010. While each email program, and version has a slightly different setup routine, the overall settings here will apply to most email programs.
– In Outlook open the new email account setup window and click on New
– Click on E-Mail Account
– Click on Next
– Fill out your basic email information.
*Your email address field must include the @domain
– Click on Manually configure server settings or additional server types
– Click Next
– Click Internet E-mail
– Click Next
– Enter your Name and E-Mail address if not pre-filled.
– Choose POP or IMAP from the dropdown. *Our servers support both methods.
– Choose New Outlook Data File and Remember Password
– Enter the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
*Typically this is mail.your_domain If you are unsure of the settings for your domain, contact your mail administrator or GreenTree Hosting Technical Support
** Some ISP’s require that you use their SMTP server names or addresses for Outgoing Mail server
– Enter your username.
*Your username is your full email address, including the @domain.
– Enter your password
Click on More Settings
– On the General Tab you can enter a friendly name for this email account
– Click on the Outgoing Server tab
– Check the box that says “My server requires authentication”.
*The default setting of “Use the same settings as my incoming mail server” should be ok for most users.
– Click OK
– You can Test Account Settings or just click on Next
– Your email setup for Outlook is complete!